You can stuff just about anything you want inside of a delicious Tasti-Lee Tomato. But, this weekend for brunch, I’ll be stuffing my face with the perfect mixture of fresh veggies and lox! It’s a great, grain-free alternative for those who love bagels and lox, without sacrificing ANY of the flavor! The beautiful tomatoes give this dish great color and make for the perfect serving size. They’re easy and quick to make, super healthy and most of all…DELICIOUS! The creme fraiche is easily subbed out for sour cream, and if you’re more of a smoked salmon person as opposed to lox, that’s just fine too!
Veggie & Lox Stuffed Tasti-Lee Tomatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 0 minutes / Servings: 4 tomatoes
- 4 Tasti-Lee Premium Vine-Ripened tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh baby dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 4 oz. lox or smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tbsp. creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Slice the tops off of each of the tomatoes and hollow out the centers.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lox, cucumber, green onion, baby
dill, capers, creme fraiche, garlic powder, lemon zest and salt &
pepper. Stir until combined.
- Stuff each of the tomatoes with the lox mixture. Garnish with left
over creme fraiche and baby dill. Serve with left over lemon slices,
cucumber slices and capers.
Recipe by Heather Walker