MIC Food® Plantain Pound Cake with Caramel Sea Salt Ice Cream by Ruth Maria Schreber Sanchez
Ruth Maria Schreber Sánchez is a chef from Spain who works as a private chef in Bucks County, Philadelphia. She offers full-time private chefs events. Chef Ruth recently took home two awards at the “Food and Wine Paella Festival in Los Angeles” winning the people’s choice award for the best paella in the region and the best presentation. You can connect with Ruth by following her on Instagram or visiting her Facebook Page.
- 200 grams of MIC Food® sliced plantains
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
- 3 count eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3 cups of reduced fat milk
- 3 count egg yolks
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of flake salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven 325F
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Puree plantains in a food processor.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet and sauté until golden brown. Set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar at high speed until white color. Then, add yogurt and flour.
- Add eggs, plantain puree, lemon zest, followed by the milk.
- Finally, pour batter in the greased pan and cook for 40 minutes.
- Place milk in a saucepan at a medium heat.
- Add egg yolks in a large bowl and mix. Gradually add the warm milk to the egg yolk mixture. Mix well and return to the pan on a low heat.
- To make the caramel: combine sugar, cream, and butter in a pan and bring to a boil. When the sugar melts, stop stirring, remove the mixture from the heat and add the sea salt.
- Mix the caramel mixture with the yolk mixture.
- Cook down the mixture over a large bowl filled with ice. When completely cold introduce the mixture to a ice cream maker machine for 30 minutes, after that put the ice cream in the freezer for a couple of hours.