Morel Mushrooms • Foie Gras • Braised Oxtail
By Evan Brittell | Barilla Rep Your Region 2017 Finalist
“I drew my inspiration for this dish from what I was surrounded by. Coming from an area where everything is merely at the tips of my fingers, the difficult part was narrowing it down. I wanted to showcase higher-end products in a simplistic way; all while using Barilla pasta. Barilla has a great ability to absorb sauces and flavors all while maintaining its texture. I use Barilla at home on a regular basis and it was nothing but great to be able to use it for this competition. Barilla has such great versatility and can be used in a vast array of ways.” -Evan Brittell | Instagram
- 1 Box Barilla Orecchiette Pasta
- 4 lb. Oxtail braised and pulled
- ½ lb. Morel Mushrooms
- ¼ lb. Foie Gras
- 1 bunch Fresh Oregano
- 6 ea. Duck Yolks
- 2 lb. Duck Fat
- ½ c Parmesan Shavings
- ½ c Butter
1. Braise the oxtails for approx. 3 hours. After braised let cool and pull meat off bones. Reserve braising liquid.
2. Cook Orecchiette until al dente.
3. Meanwhile sear Foie Gras.
4. Roast morels in pan.
5. Confit duck yolks in duck fat. Add in pulled oxtails and add 2 cups of braising liquid. Let reduce down.
6. Add in pasta, butter and oregano to the yolk oxtail pan. Cook until sauce has thickened and coats the pasta.
1. Place coated pasta on plate.
2. Top with morel mushrooms and Foie Gras.
3. Garnish with shaved parmesan and fresh oregano.